Follow the below steps to set up the Discussion Forum module.
1. To set-up the discussion forum, log into Condo Control and click on “Welcome!” at the top right corner of the page. Click “Setup” from the drop-down list.
2. Click on “Discussion Forum & Classified” on the left side menu
3. Click on the “Discussion Forum” Tab.
4. To create a new forum, click “add new”.
5. You will be redirected to the page to create a new forum.
Forum Title: What the user selects to name the forum.
Description: A brief description of what the forum can be utilized for.
Choose a moderator group: This allows you to select which group will be responsible for the approval, or disapproval of posts that users create.
Mask names on discussion forum: When enabled, the names of the users posting on the forum will be masked - only their initials will be shown.
Forum can be accessed by: This section allows you to select groups which the forum can be accessed by. If a certain group is not selected, they will be unable to see that specific discussion forum.
To change the moderator group, click on the drop-down menu. This will be a list of groups you can select from, to monitor (approve or deny) comments/posts on the forum.
6. Click the Add button.
7. Your new forum should be added under the “forums” section, on the setup page.
8. To edit any of the existing forum settings, click the “pencil icon”.
9. To delete any of the existing forums, click on the “garbage can”.