In this guide, we will review how to add new vendors to the Purchase Order module and how to update existing vendors.
How to Add New Vendors
To begin, there are two ways to access the New Vendor page in Condo Control.
1. Login to your Condo Control Account.
2. From the main menu, you can get to the Vendors page using one of the two methods.
Method 1: Hover your cursor over Purchase Order from the left-hand navigation menu. You will then see a pop out window with several options including Vendors. Clicking on this button will open the Vendors page showing the details of your current vendors as well as provide the option to add a new vendor.
Method 2: Open the Purchase Order module. Once this module is open several new sub-menu items will appear below it in the main navigation menu. Clicking on the Vendors feature access your vendor page.
3. Once on the Vendors page, click the option New Vendor.
Note: You may also download a Vendor Summary Report by selecting Download Vendor Summary.
4. Once on the New Vendor page, add the details of the vendor.
Category - You can categorize your vendors based on the categories you have configured in the Vendor Portal setup page.
Company Display Name - You will need to include the company name.
First Name, Last Name, Description, Email, Phone - the name and contact information of the principle contact of the vendor.
Tax ID - The vendor's Tax ID number
Insurance Details - Details of the vendors insurance
Notes -Notes about the vendor
Rating - Provide a rating of the vendor
Once this information has been added press Save at the bottom of the page and the vendor will be added to your vendor list.
Once you have added the vendor you can create new purchase orders and this vendor will appear in your vendor selection list.
How to Update Existing Vendors
1. Returning to the Vendors page, you may view, delete or edit your current vendors, as well as view the vendors approval status, ratings, and contact details. On this page you can search for a specific vendor using the vendors name, contact email address, as well as sort by category of vendors.
Note: Vendors requiring approval can be viewed by clicking the Vendors Pending Approval button.
2. To edit or delete an existing vendor, click on the vendors name from your vendor list.
3. This will take you to the vendors profile with all information pertaining to the vendor. There are 4 main tabs on this page.
General - Contains the general information of the vendor. You may edit the information of this vendor by clicking Edit at the bottom of the page, or send a Welcome Email to the vendors primary contact by clicking Send Welcome Email.
Compliance Documents - This tab contains the business number, certification and certification expiry date.
Bank Information - This is where the vendor's banking information is displayed. Vendors can update their own banking details using their Condo Control vendor account.
History Records - This tab will show you who created the vendor, when they were created, when any welcome emails were sent, and when any changes were made to the vendors profile.
We hope this guide has helped you better understand some of the functions of the vendor portal. We also have a detailed video guide for these features which can be found here.